Thank you for trusting Designer Audiology for your hearing and balance healthcare! Your safety and the safety of our team are the most important thing during this time. All members of our team have been fully vaccinated and received COVID-19 boosters. We will continue to implement additional precautions.
In accordance with county requirements, as well as state and national guidelines, all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask covering the nose and mouth at all times, while in the office. KN95 or N95 masks are recommended at this time. If you do not have a mask, please knock on the office door and a member of the staff will meet you with a mask.
Keeping Healthy People Healthy
- Anyone who feels sick or has symptoms identified by the CDC, such as cough, shortness of breath, or fever, should stay home and contact their primary care physician for medical management.
Alternatives to In-Office Care Are Available
- Face masks covering mouth and nose are required at all times inside the office. Social distancing (6 feet) will be practiced, when applicable.
- We appreciate getting to know your support system and welcome them back in the office. All individuals attending appointments must wear a mask and social distance, when applicable.
- Paperwork is available online via the Patient Portal. Please complete the required documents prior to your appointment.
- Unvaccinated patients will be asked to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to each appointment. Vaccination status will be verified prior to the appointment.
- Hand sanitizer (generously donated by Baltimore Spirits Company) is available in all treatment rooms.
- Magazines and children’s materials have been removed from the waiting room, as they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Audiologists may wear machine washable clothing (e.g. scrubs), and may use disposable face masks, face shields, and gowns, when appropriate.
On-going In-Office Precautions
- Contactless hand sanitizer dispensers in all patient rooms.
- Providers will wear gloves during all patient contact.
- Items designed as single use are properly disposed.
- Air filters are used and changed as recommended.
- Non-disposable instruments are sterilized in accordance with infection control policy.
- Credit card chip reader eliminates contact with the staff to complete payment in the office.
- Online paperwork and payment systems are available via the HIPAA-secure Patient Portal.
- Invoices will be emailed, which eliminates contact and is good for environment.
- Supplies are available via mail, including the hearing aid battery club. The online store is conveniently available for products and supplies from home.